Canal boats in Columbia waiting for the steamboat to tug them to the Wrightsville side. This pic was probably between 1863 and 1868 from look at some history of the old bridge. After the bridge burning, a tugboat, “Columbia,” was used to tow the canal boats across the river. In 1868, yet another replacement covered bridge was built, but was destroyed by a hurricane in 1896.